Monday, April 1, 2013

I can't believe I have lapsed on writing in almost a year.  Since then my family has taken on a few projects, with friends help.  A pastor that I know in Kenya, a native, had taken to following the story and visiting a baby that was abandoned.  Not just abandoned but thrown over a 9 foot fence and left for dead by her 15 year old  impoverished mother.  He posted about her on facebook and my mother could not stop thinking that we have to do something.  With my mothers help, as well as donors, Tonny and his family have been able to adopt baby Hope.  I had the honor to visit the Wasike family in October and spend a week getting to know his family and loving on Hope.  At ten months she still only weighted nine pounds!  I took nutrition supplements and six large tubs of baby formula with me, asking God to get me through customs without it being stolen.  It was not stolen and she is thriving.  While with his family I met a little girl named Jane who "just stays around".  Meaning that she is an orphan and moves around from local families looking for food.  She had been spending a lot of time with Tonny's family assisting with baby Hope.  Jane is beautiful, smart, inquisitive and bright.  After leaving and coming home with pictures of these wonderful children my heart pulled to help more.  Through the support of friends I raised money to get Jane back in school.  She got a new uniform dress, new shoes, pencils, paper and books.  She was so excited to have a new dress and be back is school, Tonny tells me that she is doing very well in her studies.

I will be returning to Kenya at the end of June and will be able to see my girls.  I will be going with Church Mission Network again, we will be doing medical clinics in the surrounding area.  While on my last trip I spoke to the women in Tonny's church and to the widows in his home village.  I look forward to seeing these women again and helping them to understand God a little more with each visit.  
If you feel compelled to help me with my trip costs or supporting Hope and Jane, I will gratefully accept.  My paypal is under mmwolfington07@comcast.net OR mail to World Care Connections, 211 Knight Drive, San Rafael, CA 94901.  
Love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment